While living in California I had almost gone to Coachella many times but never actually made it to the desert until this year. It was my first time at Coachella and I really had no idea what to expect but many friends had warned me that there would be A LOT of walking. Of course I had no idea what that meant until I got there and I was thrust into the the fields. I did wear quite comfortable shoes but my feet were dying the first day and a little better the second and by the third day I was beyond exhausted I didn't end up going to the fields until after 4 pm! For anyone thinking or planning to go this year, I have provided some tips for ya'll.
* Bandana- V necessary at night the dust and wind is extreme there so be prepared and have it in your bag.
* Hydrate- You can't bring any water or bottles inside but water bottles are sold at almost every corner so make sure you buy a couple bottles depending how long you are at the fields.
* Crowds- Be prepared for huge crowds at the stages and if you REALLY want to get to the front go early to get a good spot but be aware leaving the area will take a bit since the areas get packed REAL fast.
* Sunscreen- Palm Springs is V hot even in April ( think 90s and 100s ) make sure you're well covered so you don't get burned, the sun is quite extreme in the desert.
* Cash- I would recommend bringing some cash with you, sometimes the credit card machines don't work and it's just easier to buy food/drinks when you have cash on hand.
* Portable charger- If you're going to be taking a ton of pics and snap chats (which you should totally do)
Most importantly HAVE FUN!